Contact Lens Care
It is extremely important that you always follow the instructions from your eye care professional and packaging insert, and below are only some tips for successful care of soft contact lens.
- Follow the eye care professional’s instructions for duration of use of the contact lens on a daily basis, follow-up visits,
and emergency procedures.
- Always wash your hands with a mild soap and dry them with a lint-free towel before touching your lenses.
- Always use fresh solution to store your lenses, instead of adding more solution on top of what's already in the case.
- Always clean, rinse, and disinfect your contact lenses with fresh solution each time you remove them.
- Clean your lens case daily and let air dry.
- If your eyes become red, irritated, or in pain, immediately remove the contact lens and consult an eye care professional before
- Insert contact lenses before putting on makeup and remove your lenses before washing off makeup.
- If the power of your lens of two eyes are different, always handle the same lens first to avoid confusiong the right and left lenses.
- Use only recommended solutions by your eye care professional.
- Never allow cosmetics, lotions, soaps, creams, deodorants or sprays to come into contact with your eyes or lenses.
- Never wear lenses beyond the period recommended by the eyecare practitioner.
- Never share contact lenses with others
- Never insert the contact lenses into your eye if you eye is red, irritated or in pain.
- Do not participate in any water sports while wearing your lenses.
- Never use solutions recommended for conventional hard contact lenses only.
- Never use tweezers or other tools to remove lenses from the lens container unless specifically indicated for that use. Pour the lens
into the hand.
- Do not expose your contact lenses to non-sterile water (e.g. tap water, whirlpool bath, swimming). It increases the risk of microbial infection.
- Do not change the contact lens care system without consulting an eye care professioinal.